CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Governor Jim Justice and state officials this week recognized companies that have grown in exporting goods and services to a new country in 2020.
Twenty-seven companies received the Governor’s Commendation for International Market Entry in a virtual ceremony on Wednesday, in which seven companies received the award for the first time.
“West Virginia has a very diverse economy with several thriving industries and an array of businesses that have taken the next steps to export outside of the United States,” said Secretary of the State Department for Economic Development Mitch Carmichael. “Whenever a West Virginia business expands into a new market, it has to be celebrated. It is an incredible achievement that contributes so much to the economy of the state.
The companies exported goods and services to customers in 50 different countries:
– American Muscle Docks & Manufacturing in Wellsburg.
– BEK Inc. dba Level 1 Attaches to Huntington.
– Steel of West Virginia Inc. in Huntington.
– West Virginia Power Systems in Huntington.
– Guyan International in Barboursville.
– J&M Industriel in Millwood.
– OVIS in Millwood.
– Star Plastics in Millwood.
– Valtronics Solutions in Millwood.
– C2M Consulting LLC in Charles Town.
– Growth Media Productions in Shepherdstown.
– Belle Chimie à Belle.
– Elite Etching LLC at Cross Lanes.
– DRK Studios in Saint Albans.
– Morgan Rhea in South Charleston.
– Industrial Bolting Technologies Inc. in Charleston.
– The Iron Castor in Montgomery.
– North American Consulting Services Inc. in Point Pleasant.
– Elgin separation solutions at Princeton.
– Caperton Furnitureworks LLC in Berkeley Springs.
– Direct online marketing at Wheeling.
– Legacy Truck Centers Inc. in Wheeling.
– CFOAM LLC in Triadelphia.
– Elgin Power Solutions in Beaver.
– Environotics Unlimited in Elkins.
– King of marble in the city of Paden.
– Paul Wissmach Glass Co. in Paden.
The state’s export market was valued at $ 4.5 billion in 2020.